custom navbar

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wild & Wonderful Wednesday! A link Party!

Here we are again!  Back to Wednesday with a fun idea!  You can link up your Wild and Wonderful Ideas at the bottom of this post!
I m getting ready to label my pile of language and math journals for this years new kiddos.  Lucky for me, I already know half of my class so I can get started on this project early.  
I started by cutting the journals in half.  I find that my small people don't need full journals for language and math work so I cut those in half.  

Everyone does get a full sized composition book for their Writer's Notebook.  I only make the half journals for my 2nd and 3rd year kiddos (4K & kdg).  All kiddos get a Writer's Notebook.

Language and math journals are used for recording different parts of Montessori language and math lessons.  Sometimes this means writing a few sentences or copying down CVC words they are working with or for my kindergarten kiddos it might be a place to work with their sight words for the week.  Math journals are used for illustrating word problems, stamping bead chains, writing math problems and more.  I like using journals rather than stray pieces of paper because it keeps everything in one place and we all can see progress over time.  

Share a WOW! with us and link your blog below!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...