custom navbar

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Five for Friday!

It's that time again and it's even on a Saturday afternoon this week!  Stealing from Teeny Tiny Teacher...It's Five for Fraturday!

Please take note...


This amazingness happened in the classroom next door to mine this year!  I'll share the other side of the hall next Friday which includes St. Lucia, Dwali and a few others!  I love being in the hall with this fabulous teacher...and she's a great friend as well!  She is an amazing 5th year teacher and she inspires me daily!  A little secret...this is the first year I have had only Christmas celebrate-ors in my classroom in a very long time and I usually do a Holidays Around the World theme as well.  This year I decided not to and just have focused on Christmas.  While it's been great fun, I miss teaching and learning about what people around the world do at this time of year and Im bringing it back next year!

Free (almost) Christmas decor!  I love it!
These 3 frames hang in my kitchen and I got them for $1.99 at Ikea.  Every few months I google FREE subway art and print out new art for my kitchen.  So, here is my Christmas version!

The top one came from Eye Candy Creative Studio
The second one (my favorite) came from A Pair of Pears
And the final one came from a secret place that has been hidden from me on the internet!  If you happen to know it's origin please let me know so I can give props where due!
I have a Pinterest Board of Christmas Printables as well so check it out!



This mini unit has been spectacular!
I know, it's a terrible picture but my kindergartners had so much fun filling these books with information!  We spent last week learning all about reindeer!  I used the Reading AtoZ shared reading of Reindeer which was perfect in my Montessori classroom of 3-6 year olds!  The littles could follow along with the shared reading and the bigs had a copy of the book.  Later the Kindergartners worked on completing this reindeer book that I got from this pack of AWESOMENESS!  Tara West from Little Minds at Work created it and she has one for EVERY month!  

Last but not least...this fun happened this past week!
Our art teacher invites whoever wants to come and for $20 teaches us how to paint a picture.  We eat a little, drink a little and get to know each other a little...and paint of course!
This is my Gamecock Christmas Tree Masterpiece.
Quite fabulous...if I do say so myself!

I hope that ya'll are enjoying a great holiday season.  Not stressing too much about anything because in the long run, it just isn't worth it!  Have a great final school week of 2015!

Be sure to hop back over to Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching and see what greatness other teacher friends are up to!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Those elves with the kids pictures are adorable. Can you let us know what size the pictures are of the kids faces and is there a pattern available for the elf. Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry I am just seeing this! The elves were found on line, blown up and printed out on the poster maker. The kids colored them in and we printed blown up pictures of their faces to go inside.

      Delete
  2. Love the calendar reminder, and your tree turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...