custom navbar

Friday, August 19, 2016

Five for Friday...WHAT, WHAT!?!

WOW!  It's been quite a long time since I've posted and I am so sorry for that!  I've missed sharing every Friday with all my internet teacher friends!  Life has thrown me for a loop and a new school year in a brand new school with a brand new teaching adventure ahead means I'm getting my groove back!  So stinking excited about all of it!

So, let's get this party started!

Lower Elementary Montessori!  WOW!  The beauty and amazingness of kiddos who have lived and learned together for at least 3 years but for some as many as 5 years...that's a really good thing!  I started this job just a few days before teachers reported to school and hit the ground running.  I met my kiddos on Monday and the only newbie to the group was me!  These kids rolled in and sized me up and over the last 5 days have tried a few tricks but overall, we are going to have a great year!  They are brilliant and funny and energetic and I am so glad to be on a new professional adventure!!


This right here...
Looks so simple but is absolutely glorious when it comes down to it!  Right before school started I visited one of my former student teachers who is now a LE Montessori teacher down the road from me.  In a short hour I ran around her room taking pictures and asking questions.  She filled me with great stuff and I smiled at some great things that I taught her many years ago and she is still doing!  The above picture was one of the many genius things I have already implemented in my room!
Each student has a stack of notebooks and each notebook has a color.  (She is a highly organized genius!)  The picture below shows you what each notebook holds.

The journals are language, reading response, home connections, science, culture, math, incredible equations and spelling.

We started using them on the first day and they are a big hit!  Montessori can have a lot of recording so it is the perfect way for the kids to keep track of what they are doing.  And if you are searching for the colored tape, I found various colors at Walmart and Target but then found this gem on Amazon!



The biggest issue for using this system to keep up with kids work is finding space!  More on that next week when I do my classroom tour!

I had to take a few weeks off from running this summer and a few short days ago I was back at it!  
Never been happier to run!

And this is one of the things I love the most about teaching Montessori.  My classroom consists of kids aged 6-9.  This opens up so many possibilities both learning and socially and emotionally.
These kiddos are 6 and 8 and he really wanted to hear the story and she decided to read it to him!  Good, good stuff!


It's been a tough couple of months but this quote couldn't have come at a better time or be more perfectly put!
Here comes the beauty!

Have a fabulous weekend!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...