custom navbar

Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Madness

I don't know about you but I am usually rain and ready to go on Monday.  My to do list is long and I have lots of energy to ge the week started.  I'm one of this girls that hits the wall on Tuesday.  But Monday, boy howdy.  I've got papers to copy and print and laminate and things to finish making and a to z readers to print and folders to stuff...you get the picture.  So, the summer isn't much different for me with the exception that I tend to lose track of the days during the summer.  If we ain't countin' them, I ain't rememberin' them!  Anywho, I decided to get started with a Monday Madness post so it will be habit when school gets started again!  Give me another week and I will have a link party created and you can add your Monday Madness!  In the meantime, feel free to add a comment and link to your blog and tell us what your up to this fine Monday morn!

Here we go!

1.  Creating my to-do list!  I have a few going already but I am going to make a list of all the things that I want to have ready for the first day of school.  Specifically I am thinking about folders, notebooks, labels, etc.  I am a Montessori teacher so I hang with the same kids for three years.  I get new kiddos each year but 2/3 of my class stays the same. That means I can get everything ready with the exception of a few names!  I'm using this form that I made to make that happen!  It's a freebie, so grab it if you'd like to!
And although there wasn't space on the freebie I want to give a HUGE shoutout to http://www.mycutegraphics.com!  What an AMAZING resource for creating things!  She has great freebies and just as many adorable high quality paid clipart on http://www.whimsyclips.com.  I think I like her best because she loves teachers!

2.  I'm going to attempt to paint these babies!  


Turquoise and apple green are my classroom colors of choice this coming year so the rainbow is a little much.  I'm going to do an every other pattern using the paint below!  There was a Pinterest post about paining them but its a dead link so I'm on my own for this one!  Stay tuned for more details!



3.  I'm starting my weekly emails to my families!  Being a Montessori teacher means I get to bug my families all summer as well as during the school year to keep those brains moving.  Each Monday I send out an email with age appropriate books to read, educational apps to check out, summer happenings in our community to get involved in and links to my teacher Pinterest Boards for them to peruse.  It must be worth it because my families that graduate always beg to stay on the list for another summer!

4.  Keep on working on sprucing up this blog.  There are so many little things that I want to do to make it user friendly.  If you are just getting started, don't get discouraged!  There are a zillion awesome people out there in the blogging world who give free tutorials on just about everything!  Search around the blogs you love, make a list of things you want on your blog and then check them off one by one!  It takes time but hey, teachers have the summer off, right!?! :)


My list is getting long and I've got lots to do!  So have a marvelous Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...