custom navbar

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Winnie Doss...our new house guest!

It's been so long since I have been here and rather than post i spend most of my posting time catching up on what others are doing. Spring Break is here and I spent it making arrangements for my mom-in-law to come and live with us. She was in a car accident on February 29th that landed her in the hospital with 5 broken ribs and a fractured pelvis. Now doesn't that just stink! If there is good news it is that it forced my hubby and I to move her in with us. She has Alzheimer's and really shouldn't have been living alone anyway. Thank God nothing worse happened and as of yesterday she is safe and sound with us. This will be a huge adjustment for all of us and one that she ain't too happy about right now but isn't that what you just do. We take care of our own. I couldn't imagine putting her in an assisted living facility at this point because she just isn't there yet...if you know what I mean. So we keep going over and over why she has to stay with us and not in a nursing home - she really wants to go to one! And we laugh at the funny things she says and does and she laughs at the craziness of our lives. Like I said...isn't this the way life is suppose to be!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...