I hit the spice/canned goods cupboards first. Thi happened because of many mentions about getting the things I use most front and center. I don't need canned goods hanging out in my prime cupboard space. They can be moved to top shelves out of the way.
This is a mid project shot, when I decided to document this undertaking. The three tiered shelf is a new addition because I decide that this cupboard needed to house spices on the bottom shelf for easy access.
I then took out all canned goods and overstock sauces, spreads, etc.
This was an eye opener. Not only do we have a lot of back up but it's stored all over the place. Not a good use of space nor is it a smart way to keep track of what I have and what I need. I had cans in the pantry, the cupboards and in drawers for Pete sakes!
I knew that the top shelf needed wood on it so the cans didn't get all wonky on me and I knew that I needed to creat some sort of system to keep track of what is up there so that I don't lose things on that shelf. I also decided to finally make the labels for all the things I have put into containers. More on this in part two! So, come back tomorrow for the finished project pictures!