custom navbar

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WOW! Enough said!

I'm working on all sorts of things to share but had to stop everything and share this right now!  A friend and fellow teacher shared an app with me a few days ago that is almost as fabulous as Pinterest!  I said almost!  It is Book Source's Classroom Organizer and it is amazing!

So the whole deal is that it will organize all of your classroom library.  Well, not really all by itself but it is a super handy tool to get your library organized. I can remember long ago sitting at the computer one summer typing in all the books I owned.  Titles and reading level and author etc so that I would know what I had.  CRAZEEEE!  After many years of teaching and moving and giving away, my library has changed up considerably and I just haven't had the energy to tackle it again until now!  So the app allows you to create categories for your library and then scan the ISBN on the back of the book and whala...it's magically transferred to that category!  There are a million more things to do with it beyond this step but I am so stinkin' excited about this step alone that I had to share!

P.S.  If you have children of your own that want summer spending cash hire them to come and organize all of your books into genre categories and then scan them for you...while you do other important things around your classroom.  Just a thought! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...