custom navbar

Friday, July 31, 2015

Five for Friday...mission mayhem

Well, by the time you read this I should be in the air on the way to Nicaragua for a week long mission trip with my amazing church, Seacoast!  I am so excited for this opportunity and it is even more exciting because my 15 year old punk is coming with me!  God is so, so good!

So, I thought in honor of my trip I'd have a mission trip focus for this five for Friday!  Enjoy!

Why a mission trip?  Well, because God calls us to do that!  Actually many religions believe in mission work, not just Christians.  
This is a great blogpost about Missionaries from the Socratic Project. 
and tells more about that but the definition of a missionary is
  1. missionary

    [mish-uh-ner-ee] 
     
    nounplural missionaries. Also, missioner
    1.
    a person sent by a church into an area to carry on evangelism orother activities, as educational or hospital work.
    2.
    a person strongly in favor of a program, set of principles, etc., whoattempts to persuade or convert others.
    3.
    a person who is sent on a mission.

    On a personal level...this verse right here is why I choose to go on mission trips.





This time around we are venturing to Nicaragua!  

We fly into Managua and drive 2.5 hours to Matagalpa.


Why Nicaragua?  It's the second poorest country in Latin America followed only by Haiti.  I visited there last year.  Our church actually does about 30 mission trips a year all over the world.  It's a pretty awesome thing to be part of church with this kind of heart for serving.



Important stuff...bug repellent! :)  Nicaragua requires a few vaccines.  Malaria, Typhoid and Hepatitis A and a tetanus shot.  Beyond that our greta travel Dr. always prescribes a round of Cipro in case of a run in with bad water.  The other highly recommended product to take with is Ultrathon

This is the Bomb-diggity for bug control!




Not a must but these babies suer do make walking around a whole lot easier!  Feet breath, shoes don't rub and darn they are cute!  Yes, they are crazy expensive but I'll tell you that I have had mine for 9 years and I LOVE them!  Super comfy and worth every penny!
Chacos make me smile!


And last but not least...this amazing crew!  This is the fabulous team that I am venturing out with!

We are Moms, Dads, Teenagers, Teachers, Pastors, Worship Leaders, Students, Salespeople, and Office Personnel.

Just regular people who listened when God called.  We covet your prayers!  
Stay tuned for a post about my experiences when I get back.

Now hop back over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and see what else is happening around the planet on this fine Friday!



2 comments:

  1. I love that you have a heart for missions! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful adventure! I have a friend who has a heart for Nicaragua and she says that she is changed more by them than she feels like she helps them.

    Also, I have a pair of Chacos and I will never have anything else! I throw mine into the dishwasher when they get too dirty. :)

    Kara
    Mullens Madness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kara! Thanks so much and please share the blog with your friend! I am going to be announcing some big ways that teachers and everyone can help with education. families and kiddos in Nica. Just have to get my classroom set up real quick like! :)

    And I LOVE the dishwasher idea! After wearing them for a week in Nica I am feeling that another pair is truly in order!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...