custom navbar

Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4th!


When I was about 8 or 9 years old Mom and Dad decided that we would paint ornaments for the Christmas tree that year. They were a white ceramic and I think Mom bought them at a local church bazzar. I can remember working as a family on the painting of these ornaments. When Andy and I left home Mom gave us all of our ornaments that she had collected for us over the years and part of my ornaments included a box of these hand painted ones. I hadn't thought about them in a while and for whatever reason they haven't been on the tree for a few years. A few days ago Mom and I were talking about this Christmas and how hard it had been and she mentioned the ornaments. We talked about making them and how good Dad was that sort of stuff and that surely I had gotten my artsy craftsy talents from him. Well, tonight I was doing major organization of all the ornaments and came across my box of our families handmade Christmas ornaments from long ago. It made me sad and it made me happy and it made me wish for many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...